Today, powerhouse vocalist Anna Golden sits down with NaSHEville founder and Lemons On Friday author Mattie Jackson-Smith on the In-Joy Life podcast to discuss her days in show business as a child, her ministry career, her new album ‘Church’ (8.11) and more.
Golden discusses the following with Jackson-Smith:
- The mental health and body image struggles she dealt with as a kid in show business
- The emotions she felt being placed in charge of a multi-site worship team at the age of 17
- How she re-discovered her safe space in the church despite past church hurt
- Going through the 5 stages of grief while creating her new album ‘Church’
- Creating health in an unhealthy community
- How random acts of kindness led her family to the church
Golden grew up spending her time in and out of LA audition rooms before leaving prospects of fame behind to pursue full-time ministry. Her career changed forever when she was handpicked as the debut signee to GRAMMY-winner Tasha Cobbs Leonard’s TeeLee Records label.
Golden combined therapy and faith to heal from painful experiences within her ministries. She delivers her healing testimony on her new album ‘Church,’ delivering soaring vocals to proclaim her love for her community across ten anthemic tracks.