The Gospel Music Association’s IMMERSE has grown to become the premiere training experience for artists, songwriters, filmmakers and business leaders. As the Christian music community gathers to discover and inspire new talent, the Tuesday night BMI Songwriters Showcase has become a cherished event for the industry at large.
The BMI Songwriters Showcase celebrates musical excellence alongside the inspiration behind the songs and the personal journey of the writers. This event has once again received an incredible outpouring of support from the local music community, and promises to be another unforgettable evening of storytelling and music. The evening will present a talented showcase of coveted songwriters, including:
- “Everything Comes Alive” – Darren Mulligan, Josh Bronleewe
- “At the Cross (Love Ran Red)” - Ed Cash, Matt Armstrong
- “The River” - Jordan Feliz
- “Worth” - Anthony Brown
- “He Knows My Name” - Seth Mosley
- “Steppin’ Out In Faith” - Jim and Melissa Brady
- “That Was Then, This Is Now” - Josh Wilson
- “More Than You Think I Am” - Danny Gokey
- “Frontiers” – Lindsey Sweat, Jacob Sooter
- “Hallelujah for the Cross” – Ross King
- The event will then be followed by An Evening of Worship with Dove Award winning songwriter and producer, Ed Cash.
IMMERSE 2016 has proven to be the strongest event to date, boasting an incredible line-up of artists, songwriters and industry leaders who are committed to giving back by sharing real-world advice and guidance to the industry’s next generation.
Since 2008, IMMERSE has provided hands-on training and mentoring to inspire creativity, foster community and advance education. Programming for 2016 includes classes and seminars focused on music business, worship leading, songwriting, artist development and filmmaking taught by industry leaders. The successful reVIEWyou program that combines mentoring with a songwriting and performance competition will also return to help shape and scout emerging talent.